04 Apr Welcome Christie Hurley, Senior Staff Biologist
Edgewater Resources is excited to announce our newest strategic hire, Christie Hurley as Senior Staff Biologist. Christie will be working out of our Florida office as a project manager alongside long-time colleague Penny Cutt.
Ms. Hurley has extensive experience managing large scale complex projects including international development projects, municipal beach nourishment projects, mooring fields, marina, and port development projects. Her experience includes conducting environmental resource assessments, hardbottom and seagrass mapping and monitoring, coral transplantation success surveys, artificial reef monitoring, mitigation monitoring, dune and upland vegetation surveys, habitat assessments, threatened and endangered species surveys, sea turtle population surveys, and shorebird surveys.
Her project management experience includes on-site construction administration, environmental monitoring, compliance tracking, and permit close-out. Additionally, her duties include writing grant and funding applications, project administration, planning and design, researching and writing feasibility reports, permit application and processing through County, State, and Federal agencies, preparation of management plans, contingency mitigation plans and resource monitoring plans. She has also prepared numerous National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) required documentation including; Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Assessments, Biological Assessments, Cumulative Impact Assessments, and Essential Fish Habitat Assessments.
- South Florida Association of Environmental Professionals (SFAEP)
- Treasure Coast Florida Association of Environmental Professionals (TCFAEP)
- American Academy of Underwater Sciences (AAUS)
- Florida Master Naturalist Certification 2012
- DAN (First Aid, CPR, AED & Oxygen) 2017
- NMFS/MMS Marine Mammal/Protected Species Observer 2007
- NITROX 2005
- U.S. Power Squadron Piloting Certification 2005
- U.S. Power Squadron Safe Boat Operation Certification 2001
- PADI Rescue Diver 2001
- PADI Advanced Diver 1998
- PADI Open Water Diver 1996